Suggested Prayer Points:
- Pray that God would help those who are sick in our community and around the world.
- Pray that God would advance His kingdom despite sickness, fear, the disruption of normal life, and economic loss.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bring many people to repentance and faith through the troubles brought about by this sickness, that God would strengthen the inner man even as the outer man grows weak. Give us opportunities to share the gospel with our neighbors.
- Pray for protection and peace for those who are most vulnerable to sickness, especially the elderly and those with chronic illnesses.
- Pray that both national and local government officials would make wise decisions as they seek to contain this virus.
- Pray that God would provide medical professionals with the resources they need to care for the sick.
- Pray for those suffering from the economic disruption caused by COVID-19.
- Pray for Christ Church, that we might trust in the Lord through anxious times, and that we might be the hands and feet of Christ to the lost and the sick. Pray for wisdom to know how to love our neighbors as ourselves in this time of crisis. Pray also that we would be able to use this time to seek the Lord, reflect on our lives, and repent.
- An article with some helpful prayer points from Christianity Today.
Scriptures That Can Be Turned Into Prayer:
- For perseverance in suffering: Isaiah 53, 1 Peter 2:21-25, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Romans 8:18-39
- For hope for healing: 2 Kings 5:1-14, James 5:13-20, Luke 5:12-26, Luke 13:10-17, Acts 3:1-10
- For the hope of eternity: Luke 2:25-35, John 14, 1 Corinthians 15:42-58, 2 Corinthians 4:7-18, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Praying through the Psalms:
- Psalm 46 – God a very present help in times of trouble
- Psalm 13 – I have trusted in Your steadfast love
- Psalm 20 – We trust in the name of the Lord our God
- Psalm 71 – You are my rock and refuge