As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. (1 Peter 4:10)
Christ Church believes a worshiping church is a serving church. There are many ways to serve on a Sunday morning, during the week, and in New York City.
City Service Opportunities
Christ Church NYC is happy to Volunteer at Operation Exodus, an organization that provides tutoring services to children who live near or below the poverty line in Washington Heights, Inwood, and the Bronx.
For opportunities to serve weekdays, or on Saturdays, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving on Sundays
- Welcoming and Ushering: distributing bulletins, greeting people, connecting guests to others in the church, and facilitating lunch gatherings after church.
- Building Set-up and Clean-up: preparing the fellowship hall for coffee hour and other classes, and cleaning up afterwards.
- Book Table: Setting up the book table, monitoring purchases, and recommending books to those interested.
- Music: a variety of musical talents are always welcome to serve on Sunday mornings, including both instrumentalists and vocalists! This involves serving once or twice a month, as part of a music team. Rehearsals take place on the Sunday mornings you are rostered.
- Audio-Visual: this involves setting up mics, doing sound checks, running audio-visual throughout the building, and monitoring the sound during the service.
- Children’s Ministry: serving as nursery workers and teachers and teacher’s assistants – background check and training mandatory.
- Communion: setting-up and cleaning-up the elements for Holy Communion – once or twice month.
- Corporate Prayer: this is a vital ministry that is open to members of Christ Church. Discussion and training with our Senior Minister or one of the church leaders is required.
- Bible Readers: serving on a regular rotation of those who read one of the Bible passages during the worship service.
Church Administrator: email@example.com
Outside Ministries and Overseas
Please continue to pray for these ministries and also for those we financially support overseas, including George Whitefield College in South Africa.
You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:39b)