As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace. (1 Peter 4:10)
Christ Church believes a worshiping church is a serving church. There are many ways to serve on a Sunday morning, during the week, and in New York City.
City Service Opportunities
Christ Church NYC is pleased to be a church partner with Hope for New York. Hope for New York works with churches and organizations who are committed to holistic ministry in both word and deed, connecting them to a larger citywide movement of mercy & compassion.
Serving on Sundays
- Welcoming and Ushering: distributing bulletins, greeting people, connecting guests to others in the church, and facilitating lunch gatherings after church.
- Building Set-up and Clean-up: preparing the fellowship hall for coffee hour and other classes, and cleaning up afterwards.
- Book Table: Setting up the book table, monitoring purchases, and recommending books to those interested.
- Music: a variety of musical talents are always welcome to serve on Sunday mornings, including both instrumentalists and vocalists! This involves serving once or twice a month, as part of a music team. Rehearsals take place on the Sunday mornings you are rostered.
- Audio-Visual: this involves setting up mics, doing sound checks, running audio-visual throughout the building, and monitoring the sound during the service.
- Children’s Ministry: serving as nursery workers and teachers and teacher’s assistants – background check and training mandatory.
- Communion: setting-up and cleaning-up the elements for Holy Communion – once or twice month.
- Corporate Prayer: this is a vital ministry that is open to members of Christ Church. Discussion and training with our Senior Minister or one of the church leaders is required.
- Bible Readers: serving on a regular rotation of those who read one of the Bible passages during the worship service.
Church Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside Ministries and Overseas
You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:39b)