Christ Church NYC has begun to regather as a church for worship on Sunday. Your RSVP is required.
Please kindly RSVP (button below) before attending to help us plan and implement social distancing measures.
We are grateful to our Lord that the health situation in New York City is, at least for the moment, such that we can regather as a church. The church elders and staff (in consultation with the Church Council) have been working hard to take a number of safety precautions – both for your sake, but also for the sake of our neighbors here in the city. As such, things will be a little bit different when we gather together for worship. To help us have a better sense of what to expect, we encourage everyone to watch the following video before attending our upcoming Sunday worship. In addition, please be mindful of a number of operational changes (listed below) as we seek to work together to stop the spread of the virus for the love of our church family and community.
What To Expect During Sunday Worship
Health & Safety
As a church family under the lordship of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we are called to love one another earnestly (1 Peter 1:22) and to serve in humility and look to the interests of others (Philippians 2:3-4). Therefore, we encourage everyone to stand together in full accord to help stop the spread of the virus, looking not only to our own personal safety but also to the safety of our church community and neighbors in the city.
Please note the following health and safety measures during our worship gathering:
- Face masks shall be worn at all times, except children who are less than 2-years old.
- Hands shall be washed or sanitized immediately upon entering the building.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, e.g. maintaining six feet distance between all non-family members at all times.
- In an effort to encourage contact-free distribution of materials, an electronic copy of the worship bulletin will be emailed to you prior to our Sunday worship.
Our church building will be cleaned and disinfected prior to the opening of our church every Sunday for worship.
If you plan to attend, we kindly ask that you RSVP by Friday, April 9 so that we can plan accordingly and implement appropriate social distancing measures.
For the health and safety of our church family and neighbors in the city, we ask that those who are sick to remain at home and join our Zoom ‘live’ connection (see below).
Before you RSVP, please note that you must accept the following ‘health requirements‘:
- You have not had COVID-19 symptoms over the past 14 days; or
- You have not received a positive COVID-19 test, even if asymptomatic over the past 14 days; or
- You have not had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 over the past 14 days.
If you RSVP but then need to cancel, that’s okay – just please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, we ask that you please arrive no later than 9:50 AM so that we have time to get everyone safely seated and to begin the service promptly at 10 AM.
Zoom ‘Live’ Connection
We understand that some may choose not to regather and/or are unable to do so in a safe manner. In this case, please note that you can connect to our ‘live’ service remotely via Zoom.
At this stage, we are unable to safely resume our normal Sunday Children’s Ministry. For the time being, there will be no operation of Children’s Ministry (including nursery). All children are welcome to attend our church worship service and to sit with their parents.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (Colossians 3:16)
We are currently using the New City Catechism to memorize one question and answer a week.
We hope that you will work through this catechism as a family, together memorizing and instilling Biblical doctrine deep in our hearts. There are several resources available to help you:
- Print copies of The New City Catechism for Kids available are for each child. Pick one up on Sunday, or if you would like copies for your children mailed to you, please email the church office.
- There is an app available both on the web and for mobile devices. Switch to Children’s Mode and you’ll find a song to assist in memorizing each question and answer.
- The weekly children’s bulletin will include questions or activities related to the week’s catechism question.
- We’re hoping to plan ways for children to review their catechism questions and share what they’ve learned with the congregation.
If you have any questions regarding our upcoming worship service, please email email@example.com.